The VP of Risk and Value at CVS Health is a senior position responsible for creating unique carve-outs in the marketplace that leverage our pharmacy management, care management, risk capabilities and Aetna provider network targeted at specialized populations. This position will report directly to the EVP & Chief Transformation Officer at CVS Health.
Specifically, this executive will be responsible for risk management, carve out solutions, and building the provider network throughout the enterprise:
• Leverage inherent risk management capabilities within CVSH (e.g., Aetna), and new capabilities (e.g., analytic risk evaluation), to manage carve-outs for high-cost, complex conditions
• Create carve-outs for adjacencies in the near-term (e.g., radiology, behavioral health and kidney care) and in the long term (e.g., oncology, rare disease, gene therapy)
• Build provider network by leveraging Aetna provider partners and related networks
To deliver on these solutions, this leader will be responsible for recruiting, hiring, and managing high performing teams of senior-level leaders with extensive experience in risk management and carve-outs. This executive must also demonstrate a customer-focused mindset, proactively identifying gaps in the market and advancing ideas through a rigorous product development process focused on solving client and consumer needs.
Critical to the success of this position will be forming and maintaining close working relationships with senior executives and business partners at all levels across the CVS Health enterprise to understand the business and market, guide teams to take advantage of opportunities, and deliver solutions that have impact to the end consumer, our enterprise and the healthcare system. These relationships will be essential to gaining alignment around strategy, ROI, consumer experience, channel selection, commercialization, and measurement.
• 15+ years of prior work experience in healthcare with a focus on examples of carve outs that have been successful in a matrix organization. The experience should include (but not limited to) health plans, provider systems, retail pharmacy, or pharmacy benefits management
• Demonstrates a deep understanding of the healthcare marketplace, healthcare economics, healthcare delivery channels
• Ability to anticipate and resolve problems effectively
• Experience leading and building high performing teams, and working in a matrix environment to accomplish outcomes
• Demonstrated experience in influencing senior executives
• Demonstrated experience developing influencer/stakeholder strategies
• Demonstrated experience in managing through complex internal/external issues
• Highly professional demeanor, strong presence and interpersonal skills, with an ability to create effective partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
• Strategic growth mindset and is accountable to achieve goals and objectives consistently
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work in complex and time-sensitive situations
• Demonstrated ability to operate successfully within a dynamic team culture and changing environment
Master's degree required
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
At CVS Health, we work every day to help people on their path to better health. Never has it been more important for us to deliver on our purpose to our valued customers, patients, members, and employees. With a presence in communities across the country, CVS Health colleagues are and will continue to be a critical piece of the country’s health care solution. The health and safety of our employees, patients, customers, and members is our top priority as we face the impact of COVID-19 together. If you would like to learn about the actions we are taking as a company as we learn more about COVID-19 and its spread, we encourage you to visit our COVID-19 resource center at https://cvshealth.com/covid-19
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request an accommodation, a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team by emailing Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team or calling 877-805-9511.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout, contact the Modern Hire Help Desk at 1-877-451-1695 or firstname.lastname@example.org.